J&P Cycles® Round Key Internal Contact Switch
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
J&P Cycles® Round Key Internal Contact Switch• Chrome ignition switch features printed circuitry contacts which are more durable than the old brass posts style• Six-position terminal fits 1936-95 Fat Bob style dashes• Includes two round keys
|Key Type:||Round||Sold in Units:||Each|
- Disc Glide Willie G Special FXDG : 1983
- Duo Glide FLH : 1955–1964
- Duo Glide FLHF : 1958–1964
- E : 1936–1950
- EL : 1936–1952
- Electra Glide Anniversary FLH : 1978
- Electra Glide Classic FLHC : 1979–1982
- Electra Glide Classic Side Car FLHCE : 1979–1981
- Electra Glide Fat Bob FLHFB : 1965–1970
- Electra Glide FLH : 1965–1978, 1981–1983
- Electra Glide FLH 74 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide FLH 80 : 1978–1980
- Electra Glide FLHB : 1965–1970
- Electra Glide FLHE Heritage : 1981
- Electra Glide FLHF : 1965–1975
- Electra Glide Police FLHP : 1981
- Electra Glide Police FLHP 74 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide Police FLHP 80 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide Sport FLHS : 1977, 1980–1983
- ELF : 1952
- ELP : 1949
- ELS : 1951–1952
- EP : 1949
- ES : 1936–1950
- FL : 1941–1964, 1973
- FLB : 1965–1970
- FLBF : 1970
- FLE : 1953–1956
- FLEF : 1953–1956
- FLF : 1952–1964
- FLFB : 1965–1969
- FP : 1949
- FS : 1941–1950
- Hydra Glide FLHF : 1955–1957
- Hydra Glide FLS : 1951–1952
- Knucklehead FL : 1942–1947
- Lowrider Belt FXSB : 1983–1984
- Panhead FL : 1948–1950
- Police Model FLP : 1949, 1971–1972, 1974–1975
- Police Model FLPF : 1971–1972
- Softail Bad Boy FXSTSB : 1995
- Softail Custom FXSTC : 1986–1995
- Softail Fat Boy FLSTF : 1990–1995
- Softail Heritage Classic FLSTC : 1987–1995
- Softail Heritage FLST : 1986–1990
- Softail Nostalgia FLSTN : 1993–1995
- Softail Springer FXSTS : 1989–1995
- Softail Standard FXST : 1984–1990
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF : 1980–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 74CI : 1979
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 80CI : 1979
- Touring Electra Glide FLH : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Special Edition FLHX : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Sport FLHS : 1984
- U : 1937–1948
- UH : 1937–1941
- UHS : 1937–1941
- UL : 1937–1948
- ULH : 1937–1941
- US : 1937–1948
- VD : 1936
- VDS : 1936
- VHS : 1936
- VLD : 1936
- VLH : 1936
- Wide Glide FXWG : 1980–1984
krazeefrazee Posted :
Not quite the quality of oem, but will work
Thunderrider62 Posted :
Looks just like the OME part but only with more secure key lock...
dbc2804 Posted :
Great quality and price
sportsterjohn61 Posted :
Way better quality than what came with the dash kit several years ago.
trashy Posted :
easy to install works good
skjdave Posted :
Fit great, feels good, fast delivery.
stonerc79 Posted :
Works great and fits perfect.
jsv1993 Posted :
Easy fit did away with engine cut off and back fire when switching on lights!
Peterhondaer196952 Posted :
Liked the looks of it even though the spot where the wires connect seemed to be in a different spot height wise because of the difference of the old style and the new. But my son has one and it will work. Like it.
baileyjoshua64 Posted :
works great have had no problum with it
hawg Posted :
This is by far the best replacement switch I have ever purchased. The quality is far superior than other post to post or electronic switches that are much higher priced.
SKPTHAT Posted :
jtocci Posted :
Not as good ad OE but did the job and no issues.
DonStriker Posted :
Offset fitament - not what I was expecting. One of the threads stripped to boot....not very durable connections, and I had to replace almost immediately.
Rod0814 Posted :
tommyshanks124 Posted :
Daniel Thomas Posted :
I installed the switch on my 95 flstf. The bike has a 120CI motor, so vibration was an issue with the stock switch. I'm from FL. so humidity also affectted the old pole to bar contacts. I was losing voltage thruogh old switch to the coils,trigger to starter & lights. This switch took care of this. Easy to install, all termials in stock location. Like the round key upgrade. I've told alot of my motorhead friends about this unit.
Nlyman Posted :
Advertised as OEM, it is not an original and lacks the shiny chrome finish that Harley-Davidson is known for.
bradmarks1 Posted :
cdcagle Posted :
Quick service and ignition switch works great compared to the old worn out one.
edaaron Posted :
Much better than the flat key item, more reliable, better quality.
dmcfxe Posted :
Works great on my 77 FXE; Looking forward to more stuff from J&P Cycles!!
offshoretechman Posted :
nice and different touch with the round keys
missi214 Posted :
Should be fine for '81 FLHS switch upgrade.
rkaechler Posted :
Unable to get spare keys by ordering using the number on the key like you can with other keys.
partsforbikes Posted :
I love this switch,You get a smooth transition from on with out lights to on with lights on with out the momentary loss of ignition. The only hang up is if you have a short as When my starter solinoid shorted out it fried the switch.Un like the old ones this switch cant handle the heat. All in all I'm buying a new one and still recommend this as a great factory replacement.
74mdsb Posted :
works great but the wire terminal location was not in the same place as my old one. this might be just how the other one was made
CASoeder Posted :
Totally awesome. Easy to install and works better than any other switch I have tried.
Corvettenver2fst Posted :
Works well have no problems with it. Install was easy.
asachs Posted :
Excellent switch. I wish I bought it sooner. Easy install on 1972 FLH. This is a must have with electronic ignition. Ignition stays on while swithing from "Run" to "Lights" unlike the old switch, which caused a hicup or backfire. Working great two years and on!
themachinist79 Posted :
Good quality. Comes with an early model cover I was pleasantly suprized with.
crshoveride1 Posted :
updates my ignition and works mint!
jcp66208 Posted :
Looks good a little hard to tell if you have in in the correct position. Can be set between on and on with headlight. Found it is best to roll all the way on to headlight and on position then turn back to just on. easier to feel indent for the on position then.
crshoveride1 Posted :
Smoother, tighter, easier to use. Huge improvement.
081757 Posted :
No problems with this item. And would like to say thank you for your service.
mfiumano Posted :
So far so good, been a few months now.
dnsmitty Posted :
functions great but little spring that holds cover down keeps coming out
J&P Cycles® Round Key Internal Contact Switch?
Our customer service has the answer.