All Balls Hitachi-Type Starter
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
All Balls Hitachi-Type Starter• New up to date 1.4kW designs replace Hitachi and Prestolite-type starters and provide 50% more power than the original versions
|Manufacturer Part Number:||80-1005||OEM Reference:||31570-73|
|Product Color:||Black||Sold in Units:||Each|
- Disc Glide Willie G Special FXDG : 1983
- Electra Glide Classic FLHC : 1982
- Electra Glide FLH : 1973, 1982–1983
- Electra Glide FLHF : 1973
- Electra Glide Sport FLHS : 1982–1983
- FL : 1973
- Low Rider FXS : 1977–1978, 1981–1982
- Low Rider FXS 74 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 74CI : 1980
- Low Rider FXS 80 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 80CI : 1980
- Lowrider Belt FXSB : 1983–1985
- Softail Custom FXSTC : 1987–1988
- Softail Springer FXSTS : 1988
- Softail Standard FXST : 1984–1985, 1987–1988
- Sturgis Belt FXB : 1980–1982
- Super Glide Custom FXRC : 1985
- Super Glide Disc Glide FXRDG : 1984
- Super Glide Fat Bob FXEF : 1985
- Super Glide FXR : 1986–1988
- Super Glide FXRS : 1986–1988
- Super Glide Grand Touring FXRD : 1986
- Super Glide II FXR : 1983–1985
- Super Glide II FXRS : 1983–1985
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXLR : 1987
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXRS : 1988
- Super Glide Low Rider FXLR : 1987–1988
- Super Glide Low Rider Sport FXRS-SP : 1987–1988
- Super Glide Police Model FXRP : 1984–1988
- Super Glide Sport Glide FXRT : 1983–1988
- Superglide Electric Start FXE : 1974–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF : 1980–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 74CI : 1979
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 80CI : 1979
- Superglide Kick Start FX : 1973–1978
- Touring Electra Glide Classic FLHTC : 1983–1984
- Touring Electra Glide FLH : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Special Edition FLHX : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Sport FLHS : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Standard FLHT : 1983
- Touring Tour Glide Classic Anniversary FLTC : 1988
- Touring Tour Glide Classic FLTC : 1983–1988
- Touring Tour Glide FLT : 1983
- Wide Glide FXWG : 1980–1985
EL Rancho LOCO Posted :
The starter works very good. Turns over my old shovel head just fine. It arrived at my door early and boxed very well.
ronj48 Posted :
this starter made my bike easy to start.
NWEVO Posted :
MrtnDPp Posted :
Man works & fits great & cranks the 95ci fine
Big 13 Posted :
Starts great, light weight. Highly recommend.
brian21367 Posted :
bulldawg10 Posted :
this is best replacement for the hiatchi
Tim2shovelheads Posted :
It's a great product. Would be nice to see in the footnotes that it doesn't require the thru bolts.
RobSchoenwald Posted :
Awesome starter... the name really says it... no more kicking for this guy!
Jeff48 Posted :
Great, This Starter lives up to it's name.
bootlegg Posted :
Awesome starter, I'd recomend changing cables while you're at it.
75ghost Posted :
I recently purchased the All Balls starter for my 1975 stroked FLH (replaced original Hitachi Type starter 382-291). What a difference this starter has made especially after the motor is hot and under a lot of crank pressure. I was so impressed I even contacted the the All Balls company and expressed my cudos to them. If anyone has a stroked motor and needs the extra umph to crank the engine over, this is definitely the only way to go. I'll never have to guess if the engine is going to crank over. Thanks again J&P!
3235797 Posted :
New starter was easy to install and improved starting.
roadkingsporty Posted :
This is the best thing for a hard starting bike. Put it in a '76 sporty, stock bottom, rebuilt top 10 over. Had to switch to a Road King battery, but it needs 300 amps to work right. The only drawback is you must have a new mount. The old mount will not work due to the threads on the new one. They are not the same as the old one, there smaller, but bolts right up and my Sporty has never started easier. Don't forget about new cables to handle the load.
All Balls Hitachi-Type Starter?
Our customer service has the answer.