J&P Cycles® Custom Pullback 2-1/2″ Riser Set
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
J&P Cycles® Custom Pullback 2-1/2″ Riser Set• 2-1/2″ custom pullback risers for 1″ bars• Coarse thread 1/2″-13
|Rise:||2-1/2″||Sold in Units:||Set|
- Disc Glide Willie G Special FXDG : 1983
- Dyna Low Rider Convertible FXDS : 1995–2000
- Dyna Low Rider EFI FXDLI : 2005
- Dyna Low Rider FXDL : 1993–2005, 2010–2011
- Dyna Street Bob EFI FXDBI : 2006
- Dyna Street Bob FXDB : 2007, 2013–2014
- Dyna Street Bob FXDBP : 2013–2014
- Dyna Super Glide Custom EFI FXDCI : 2005–2006
- Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC : 1992, 2005, 2007–2014
- Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC Anniversary : 2013
- Dyna Super Glide Daytona FXDB-D : 1992
- Dyna Super Glide FXD : 1995–2004, 2010
- Dyna Super Glide Sport EFI FXDXI : 2005
- Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX : 1999–2005
- Dyna Super Glide Sturgis FXDB-S : 1991
- Dyna Super Glide T-Sport FXDXT : 2001–2003
- Dyna Wide Glide CVO FXDWG3 : 2002
- Dyna Wide Glide EFI FXDWGI : 2005
- Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG : 1993–2005
- Low Rider FXS : 1977–1978, 1981–1982
- Low Rider FXS 74 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 74CI : 1980
- Low Rider FXS 80 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 80CI : 1980
- Lowrider Belt FXSB : 1983–1985
- Softail Custom FXSTC : 1986–1998, 2010
- Softail Fat Boy EFI FLSTFI : 2001–2006
- Softail Fat Boy FLSTF : 1990–2007
- Softail Fat Boy Police EFI FLSTFI : 2006
- Softail Fat Boy Shrine FLSTFI : 2005–2006
- Softail Heritage Classic EFI FLSTCI : 2001–2006
- Softail Heritage Classic FLSTC : 1987–2007
- Softail Heritage Classic Police Special EFI FLSTCI : 2006
- Softail Heritage Classic Shrine EFI FLSTCI : 2005–2006
- Softail Heritage EFI FLSTI : 2006
- Softail Heritage FLST : 1986–1990, 2006
- Softail Night Train EFI FXSTBI : 2001–2006
- Softail Night Train FXSTB : 1999–2009
- Softail Nostalgia FLSTN : 1993–1996
- Softail Standard EFI FXSTI : 2001–2006
- Softail Standard FXST : 1984–1990, 1999–2014
- Sportster 1000 Anniversary XLHA : 1982
- Sportster 1000 Anniversary XLSA : 1982
- Sportster 1000 Café Racer XLCR1000 : 1977–1978
- Sportster 1000 Electric Start Anniversary XLH1000 : 1978
- Sportster 1000 Electric Start XLH1000 : 1985
- Sportster 1000 Roadster XLS : 1979–1981, 1983, 1985
- Sportster 1000 Touring XLT1000 : 1977
- Sportster 1100 Electric Start Anniversary XLH1100 : 1987
- Sportster 1100 Electric Start XLH1100 : 1986–1987
- Sportster 1200 50th Anniversary XL 50 : 2007
- Sportster 1200 CP XL1200CP : 2012
- Sportster 1200 Custom Limited B XL1200CB : 2014
- Sportster 1200 Custom XL1200C : 2012–2013
- Sportster 1200 Low XL1200L : 2006–2011
- Sportster 1200 Nightster XL1200N : 2007–2012
- Sportster 1200 Roadster XL1200R : 2004–2009
- Sportster 1200 Seventy-Two XL1200V : 2012–2013
- Sportster 1200 Sport XLH1200S : 1996–2003
- Sportster 1200 Standard XL1200 : 2006
- Sportster 1200 Standard XLH1200 : 1988–2003
- Sportster 883 Deluxe XLH883 : 1988–1995
- Sportster 883 Hugger XLH883 : 1988–2003
- Sportster 883 Iron XL883N : 2009–2013
- Sportster 883 Low XL883L : 2005–2010
- Sportster 883 Police XL883 : 2006
- Sportster 883 Roadster XL883R : 2005–2011
- Sportster 883 Roadster XLH883R : 2003
- Sportster 883 Shrine XL883 : 2006
- Sportster 883 Standard XL883 : 2004–2009
- Sportster 883 Standard XLH883 : 1987–1991, 1993–2003
- Sportster 883 SuperLow XL883L : 2013
- Sportster Custom Limited A XL1200CA : 2013
- Sportster Custom Limited B XL1200CB : 2012
- Sportster Custom XL1200CP : 2014
- Sportster Iron XL883N : 2014
- Sportster Roadster XL883R : 2014
- Sportster Seventy-Two XL1200V : 2014
- Sportster SuperLow XL883L : 2014
- Sturgis Belt FXB : 1980–1982
- Super Glide 1st Edition FXR2 : 1999
- Super Glide 2nd Edition FXR3 : 1999
- Super Glide 3rd Edition FXR4 : 2000
- Super Glide Custom FXRC : 1985
- Super Glide Disc Glide FXRDG : 1984
- Super Glide Fat Bob FXEF : 1985
- Super Glide FXR : 1986–1994
- Super Glide FXRS : 1986–1991
- Super Glide Grand Touring FXRD : 1986
- Super Glide II FXR : 1982–1985
- Super Glide II FXRS : 1982–1985
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXLR : 1987
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXRS : 1988
- Super Glide Low Rider FXLR : 1987–1994
- Super Glide Low Rider Sport FXRS-SP : 1987–1988
- Super Glide Police Model FXRP : 1984–1994
- Super Glide Sport Glide FXRT : 1983–1992
- Superglide Electric Start FXE : 1974–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF : 1980–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 74CI : 1979
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 80CI : 1979
- Superglide Kick Start FX : 1973–1978
- Wide Glide FXWG : 1980–1985
Jerryrp Posted :
On my 2012 Dyna Super glide. Install was maybe 20 minutes. Chased the treads, as mentioned in the reviews. Screws that came with the kit, fit perfect. Factory 1/2-13 works great. I'm 5-8, have better control, can bend my elbows much better. I like.
tommygunnz Posted :
Nice risers for the price
ChrisNagy Posted :
Look good, installed easily. When installing, one of the screw holes stripped out. There is not a torque spec listed, byt I felt it stripped too easily.
Nodie Posted :
great risers for me who is 5'8 gave me the correct height and pull back for me running RSD black ops vintag 12 inch bars on my 02 night train
badharley03 Posted :
went on quickly after cleaning all the bolt threads. looks great. fit and finish perfect.
whipporwill Posted :
these risers worked out great, good quality & easy to install.
thomsouza Posted :
Great service from JP Cycle. One of the cast aluminum risers cracked when I was installing, and got a replacement with no hassle. About the risers, I recommend steel chromed or black. The aluminum doesn't quite cut it when it comes to front-end strength, in my opinion.
jimbob76 Posted :
Worked out great just enough pull back to take pressure off my shoulders on a long trip, plenty of slack in the wiring harness, took about 30 minutes to change over
buddahhead Posted :
worked great on 91 heritage
BIGHOG1 Posted :
CHROME FINISH LOOKS GREAT,RELAXES MY ARMS BUT YOU DO HAVE TO TAP OUT THE ALL MOUNTING HOLES.
A Simmer Posted :
These risers look great. Like alot of the other reviews stated I had to run a tap down the threads to clean them up. What I ran into was the top clamp/speedometer on my wifes Sportster didn't fit these clamps right. The back of her speedometer has a couple bumps cast into it that didn't allow for clamp get tight enough to hold the handle bar. I had to grind some of the bumps off the back of the speedometer to get these risers to work....maybe thats why they call them custom. After that, the risers worked perfect, my wife loves the way they moved the bars up and closer to her. I didn't need to order the extra bolt kit like other reviews have stated. these risers will tilt you speedometer up so it lays more vertical just so you know.
email@example.com Posted :
Will not fit XL1200N, waste of time and $, chrome chips and requires smaller bolts since it's threaded 1/2" max.
alanayles Posted :
nice worked and looks good
ronhecker Posted :
had to use shim stock to get bars to tighten up, as the radius was not perfect
motrcop914 Posted :
Great finish and size is perfect with no need to replace wires, cables or lines. I used it on a 1994 Heritage Softail. I am 5'6" and have been needing this product for a long time.
swachtel Posted :
Great addition! Much more comfortable now that I can stretch out my legs, tilt back in my seat AND reach my grips!
flashpuddin Posted :
rons68 Posted :
These risers look and worked great on my 2005 Fatboy. I can sit back just enough my back doesn't get stiff anymore. Had to order top clamp screw package (5000846) because the ones that come with the kit are too short. Also had to run a tap in the holes to clean them up, Just a minor inconvience for the price.
desande Posted :
Risers are of very good quality. The chrome is very good and well worth the price....a lot cheaper than anywhere else.
geeb550 Posted :
Didn't realize no top bar with risers. My bad, but found a good one in town.
raptor62 Posted :
Very comfortable and didnt have to change any cables, exactly what I was looking for. Decent quality for the price. Chase the threads (7/16 N/C and 5/16 NC) prior to install to make the install a lot easier.
spockscoot Posted :
Good finish, but had to chase the threads in all of the holes.
67v35er Posted :
Perfect fit with quality chrome. It comes with a set of four chromed socket head cap screws but after reading other reviews at time of order, I learned I would need longer clamp screws (P/N 5000846) for my particular application so, purchased them also - glad I did.
j-tp Posted :
risers work well,good fit.had to modify chrome handlebar shroud(?)on my road king.the bars on the 2004 RK are pretty low when stock so the risers helped.
paulbrockman Posted :
I'm 5'10" and 160#, the mini-apes on my 02 Wide Glide were just a touch to far forward, leaving me riding with my elbows locked. Tilting the bar back didn't help. These risers worked perfectly moving the bar back to a more comfortable position. The stock wiring and brake line didn't need any modification. DON'T use the top clamp screws supplied with the risers, they are to short, get the screw pack (5000846) or grind down your existing screws to make them fit.
dtkn Posted :
They did just what I wanted. However I had to re-tap the one half x 13 thread mounting holes. the holes were so rough a bolt would not thread in. Lucky I had a tap to clean the threads.
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
Quality work and it did exactly what I needed it to do, now I can ride without having to lean forward to reach the bars....my back loves it!
Jukebox64 Posted :
The 1st set had had a defect in the top clamp holes,it was machined out of spec just enough to where the top clamp would not bolt on.I called & ordered a new pair,before I ever sent the old ones back,so my bike would not be down much longer. When they got here they were awesome. They fit & look great.I did not have to change any cables or wires to make them work. I do suggest you remove the clamp holding the brake line on the back of the forks.This product is top notch for the price.
Jukebox64 Posted :
All in all the risers fit & look good.The only other change I had to make for these risers was to remove the clamp holding the brake line to the back of the forks,everything else fit great.
sampowell Posted :
These risers moved my handlebar closer to me making for a more comfortable riding position. Installed in about 30 minutes, the shipping was very fast. Overall great product, would highly endorse.
rosie1950 Posted :
Recieved product in two days without paying special shipping. Fit and finish great! Installed in 1/2 hour on 2009 dyna superglide custom. No hassle with the wiring. I do recommend that you chase the threads before install and get the shorter 1 1/4 " bolts. Item 5000846. This will ease in the installation. Very happy with the customer service also. They guided me down the right path to an easy install.
sampowell Posted :
I received these risers a mere 2 days after ordering...very speedy delivery. I had them installed in an hour without any rerouting of wires or cables and the new riding position is great.
BR040 Posted :
Excellent product. But remember that the screws are 1 1/4" and the OEM bolts are 1 1/2".
fxrtjeff Posted :
I put these on my 2009 SuperGlide Custom. I am 5'7, and they moved the stock bars back enough that I no longer had to reach for them. They fit without changing cables, wires or brake lines. Hint: before installing, remove your two brake line brackets and remove the wiring harness clips from the handlebars. There is enough slack in the brake line for a good fit, and minor re-positioning of the wiring is all that is needed. Quality of the risers was excellent, but you need 4 shorter allen head bolts than stock for the handlebar top clamp. I purchased stainless steel bolts from the hardware store.
nealspurlock Posted :
brovey1 Posted :
They work great on my '07 FXD
rlundberg Posted :
Worked great. You should mention that shorter screws need to be used due to the blind seat.
vietvet69 Posted :
Having a short inseam, I had a hard time sitting back in my seat. With these pullback risers, it allowed me sit back in the seat for a more comfortable ride. The heigth of the risers are on a personal liking ..... I went with the 2", and again, the comfort was much improved.
dynamike Posted :
Parts are as advertised. Easy installation with stock bolts. Clamp fasteners are blind tapped so I needed to go with 1/2" shorter clamp bolts. I am very happy with the look, fit and finish.
jais Posted :
This product fit well and needed no alteration to cables on my 2007 FXDC.
trishclark Posted :
This product is very high quality and is a much better value than than paying the extra "Harley" charge!
jdm1450 Posted :
GREAT PRODUCT. THE RISERS ALLOW ME TO GET LAYED BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE. ALTHOUGH, YOU DO NOT STATE THAT THE EXISTING BOLTS DON'T WORK WITH THIS ITEM AND THEY'RE NOT INCLUDED. THEY REQUIRE 1-1/4" BOLTS. THE OEM BOLTS ARE 1-1/2". IT IS A GERAT PRODUCT AT A GOOD PRICE.
05fxdi Posted :
Recently I bought the 2 1/2" handlebar risers for my 2005 Dyna Super Glide. I love them. They were priced at 1/2 of what Harley wanted for them, plus I got 10% off and free shipping because I bought them at daytona bike week. The quality of the risers looks very good. I love the looks and feel of the bike with them on it. It makes the bars sit a little bit higher and back closer to me a little. It also makes my mirrors easier to see because they are higher now. It was definetly a good buy. I also bought the highway peg brackets. It was 1/3 the price of Harley brackets and I think they are better looking and better quality. I am completly satisfied with the parts and service I get from J&P. Thank you.
otie1942 Posted :
FINISH WAS VERY GOOD AND THE PARTS FIT PERFECT. I INSTALLED ON MY WIFES 2004 DYNA FXD AND DID NOT HAVE TO CHANGE ANY CABLES OR WIRING.
Requires Adobe Flash Player2014 Vintage Catalog, Page 250 2014 Harley Catalog, Page 693 2013 Vintage Catalog, Page 250 2013 Harley Catalog, Page 732 2012 Harley Catalog, Page 783
Important Product NotesRequires purchase of clamp bolts 5000846, sold separately
J&P Cycles® Custom Pullback 2-1/2″ Riser Set?
Our customer service has the answer.