J&P Cycles® Standard Fat Bob Gas Tank
J&P Part: 7200145
Sale Price: $129.99 Regularly: $209.99
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
J&P Cycles® Standard Fat Bob Gas Tank• Designed with precision placed mounting plates and stud bosses• Assembled using low-temperature welding procedures for years of trouble-free service and easy installation• Tanks will accept either the dash for Low Rider models or the large speedo dash• Tank has 1936-84 cam-lock style gas filler necks to permit the use of the widest available range of gas cap designs, and features late 22mm external-thread fuel valve connections for OEM style gas valves or high volume fuel valves such as the high volume Pingel petcocks• Tank Sealer 720-469 recommended
|Capacity:||5 gallon||OEM Reference:||61211-67|
|Sold in Units:||Pair||Style:||Cam-Lock|
- Disc Glide Willie G Special FXDG : 1983
- Duo Glide FLH : 1955–1964
- Duo Glide FLHF : 1958–1964
- E : 1936–1950
- EL : 1936–1952
- Electra Glide Anniversary FLH : 1978
- Electra Glide Classic FLHC : 1979–1982
- Electra Glide Classic Side Car FLHCE : 1979–1981
- Electra Glide Fat Bob FLHFB : 1965–1970
- Electra Glide FLH : 1965–1978, 1981–1983
- Electra Glide FLH 74 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide FLH 80 : 1978–1980
- Electra Glide FLHB : 1965–1970
- Electra Glide FLHE Heritage : 1981
- Electra Glide FLHF : 1965–1975
- Electra Glide Police FLHP : 1981
- Electra Glide Police FLHP 74 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide Police FLHP 80 : 1979–1980
- Electra Glide Sport FLHS : 1977, 1980–1983
- ELF : 1952
- ELP : 1949
- ELS : 1951–1952
- EP : 1949
- ES : 1936–1950
- FL : 1942–1964, 1973
- FLB : 1965–1970
- FLBF : 1970
- FLE : 1953–1956
- FLEF : 1953–1956
- FLF : 1952–1964
- FLFB : 1965–1969
- FP : 1949
- FS : 1942–1950
- Hydra Glide FLHF : 1955–1957
- Hydra Glide FLS : 1951–1952
- Knucklehead FL : 1942–1947
- Low Rider FXS : 1977–1978, 1981–1982
- Low Rider FXS 74 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 74CI : 1980
- Low Rider FXS 80 : 1979
- Low Rider FXS 80CI : 1980
- Lowrider Belt FXSB : 1983–1984
- Panhead FL : 1948–1950
- Police Model FLP : 1949, 1971–1972, 1974–1975
- Police Model FLPF : 1971–1972
- Softail Standard FXST : 1984
- Sturgis Belt FXB : 1980–1982
- Superglide Electric Start FXE : 1974–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF : 1980–1984
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 74CI : 1979
- Superglide Fat Bob FXEF 80CI : 1979
- Superglide Kick Start FX : 1971–1978
- Touring Electra Glide FLH : 1984
- Touring Electra Glide Special Edition FLHX : 1984
- U : 1937–1948
- UH : 1937–1941
- UHS : 1937–1941
- UL : 1937–1948
- ULH : 1937–1941
- US : 1937–1948
- VD : 1936
- VDS : 1936
- VHS : 1936
- VLD : 1936
- VLH : 1936
- Wide Glide FXWG : 1980–1984
simbadog1 Posted :
A lot of grind marks and imperfections. Plan on extra prep time
oilspot76 Posted :
wbbauer Posted :
They need a little finishing work. as was expected. great product.
Mbrooks_79 Posted :
Appear to be as described and pretty much ready for paint
msugas67 Posted :
had to do a little body work to them which was expected, but other than that I installed them with no problems, they actually fit better than the 3 1/2's I took off, not bad for the price, quality was better than I expected.
skeeterman61 Posted :
fast ship, great price. THANKS!!!
kollstedt2 Posted :
No emblem mounts.
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
DuckyDucky Posted :
Well worth the money but needed alot of finish work. I expected some machine marks and even a ding or two but mine had alot of deep grooves on the tops that needed smoothed out. Good price and a great product but don't expect to mount them straight out of the box. I put them on a 1997 XL1200S. I had to relieve them on the inside (with a hammer) to get them to fit the way I wanted but the come out looking great.
harley68_tn Posted :
Received very fast. appears to be constructed well. Can't beat the price.
trevorsinclair Posted :
The quality and price of the tanks were very good. The process to claim the gift cards I had was excruciating. It took 5 phone calls and one week to process the transcaction. The people that bought me the cards reported similar issues. Sadly, this has deterred us from using that service in the future.
TEDDIELEDLOW Posted :
Excellent service and price. Can't wait to paint them.
PajosT Posted :
A little disappointed in grind mark and sand mark finish, (will require heavy buildup primer or even skim coat of thin body filler).But this tank is going on a modified Big Twin mount for my 1975 Harley custom modified Sportster. Otherwise, this tank is well built of very heay gauge steel, but will require some modification for my application!
fatcatz56 Posted :
Very nice. Well worth the dough.
gpickens316 Posted :
As with any custom application there is almost always some modifications to be made. With this tank it was very little. I liked the size and construction of the tank.
rmcnail Posted :
Good set of tanks .Got em in two days.
caintheblack Posted :
Awesome tanks. Look really nice. Inner (near dash) welds werent exactly flush but every raw tank needs at least a little work, cannot be seen if left since its under dash and nothing a light coat of body filler wont handle that all new tins should have to smooth out anyway. Would definitely buy more.
pancake124 Posted :
email@example.com Posted :
I thought it was a 5 star.
RobSchoenwald Posted :
Good looking tank.
gb1286 Posted :
Good delivery time Very satisfied overall
neale Posted :
Nice to have tanks that don't look like a golf ball! Cheaper than all the resurfacing time for my originals and better than factory originals.
deml01 Posted :
Product lacks the indents like the origonals to accomodate badge screws
Requires Adobe Flash Player2014 Vintage Catalog, Page 104 2013 Vintage Catalog, Page 104 2012 Harley Catalog, Page 409
Important Product NotesMust Use Tank Sealer (#720-469 or 900-715) For Warranty To Be Valid On All Gas Tanks. WARNING: Most tanks are shipped unpainted. Caps are not included unless noted. All gas tanks should be fitted, pressure-tested and sealed BEFORE being painted to eliminate potential problems.
J&P Cycles® Standard Fat Bob Gas Tank?
Our customer service has the answer.