Fat Bob Gas Tank
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
Fat Bob Gas Tank• The tank has the appearance of split tanks but is really a one-piece welded tank assembly with late-style twin screw-top filler necks, and 22mm external-thread gas valve fitting• Bolts directly to the stock mounts and accepts all FL-style dash assemblies (except Cateye) when the appropriate dash base is used• Included with each tank is a 5200288 super-flex speedo cable and a chrome tank 'divider' panel• Equipped with internal emission control system connections, for use on vehicles with fuel tank emission devices• Does not include dash or speedo• Tank sealer 720-469 recommended
|Bung Style:||Screw-Type||Capacity:||4 gallons|
|Material:||Steel||Sold in Units:||Each|
- Super Glide 1st Edition FXR2 : 1999
- Super Glide 2nd Edition FXR3 : 1999
- Super Glide 3rd Edition FXR4 : 2000
- Super Glide Custom FXRC : 1985
- Super Glide Disc Glide FXRDG : 1984
- Super Glide FXR : 1986–1994
- Super Glide FXRS : 1986–1991
- Super Glide Grand Touring FXRD : 1986
- Super Glide II FXR : 1982–1985
- Super Glide II FXRS : 1982–1985
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXLR : 1987
- Super Glide Low Rider Anniversary FXRS : 1988
- Super Glide Low Rider Convertible FXRS : 1989–1993
- Super Glide Low Rider FXLR : 1987–1994
- Super Glide Low Rider Sport FXRS-SP : 1987–1993
- Super Glide Police Model FXRP : 1984–1994
- Super Glide Sport Glide FXRT : 1983–1992
TeddySmith Posted :
Box was damaged and tank flange was slightly bent. Proper part and great follow up system while aiting for it to become available for order
dooder Posted :
Great tank, but really poor packing by CCI (not J&P's fault). Had to be returned because of dents. Got me another really quick.
xxxviperxxx Posted :
Overall the tank was not bad with the exception of the dash mounting tabs being welded in the wrong spot, with a little cutting, re-locating and welding it all worked out and once the body work and paint are applied it looks pretty good.
xxxviperxxx Posted :
overall tank looks good, the only problem is the dash mount kit doen't line up with the welded on tabs from the tank, grinding them off and moving them to the right spot helps, then the fun part of going through all the little pieces that come with the kit (no diagram)and then the chrome dash radius doesn't match tank, some back and forth grinding and you can get it pretty close
jakerose Posted :
I have not painted and installed the tank yet, but it looks to be of good quality. The tank fits my bike well and is of heavy construction.
Requires Adobe Flash Player2014 Harley Catalog, Page 354 2013 Harley Catalog, Page 390 2012 Harley Catalog, Page 408
Important Product NotesMust Use Tank Sealer (#720-469 or 900-715) For Warranty To Be Valid On All Gas Tanks. WARNING: Most tanks are shipped unpainted. Caps are not included unless noted. All gas tanks should be fitted, pressure-tested and sealed BEFORE being painted to eliminate potential problems.
Fat Bob Gas Tank?
Our customer service has the answer.