K&N High Performance Spin-on Oil Filter
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
K&N High Performance Spin-on Oil Filter• Designed for todays high performance synthetic oils and are unaffected by racing fuels• Each filter includes a check valve to prevent oil drainback and dry starts as well as a new pressure relief valve• Has an 11/16″ nut welded to the top for easy servicing in tight spaces• 50% thicker walls, stronger inner core and a heavy base plate with double rolled seal• TUV endorsed and TUV factory production monitored• Replaces H-D OEM 63731-99
|Finish:||Chrome||Manufacturer Part Number:||KN171C|
|Sold in Units:||Each||Spin On or Drop In:||Spin On|
- Dyna Fat Bob CVO FXDFSE : 2009
- Dyna Fat Bob CVO FXDFSE2 : 2010
- Dyna Fat Bob FXDF : 2008–2013
- Dyna Low Rider Convertible FXDS : 1999–2000
- Dyna Low Rider EFI FXDLI : 2005–2006
- Dyna Low Rider FXDL : 1999–2005, 2007–2010, 2012–2013
- Dyna Street Bob EFI FXDBI : 2006
- Dyna Street Bob FXDB : 2007–2013
- Dyna Street Bob FXDBP : 2013
- Dyna Super Glide 35th Anniversary EFI FXDI35 : 2006
- Dyna Super Glide Custom EFI FXDCI : 2005–2006
- Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC : 2005, 2007–2013
- Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC Anniversary : 2013
- Dyna Super Glide EFI FXDI : 2005–2006
- Dyna Super Glide FXD : 1999–2005, 2007–2010
- Dyna Super Glide Police FXDP : 2004
- Dyna Super Glide Sport EFI FXDXI : 2005
- Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX : 1999–2005
- Dyna Super Glide T-Sport FXDXT : 2001–2003
- Dyna Switchback FLD : 2012–2013
- Dyna Wide Glide CVO FXDWG3 : 2002
- Dyna Wide Glide EFI FXDWGI : 2005–2006
- Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG : 1999–2005, 2007–2008, 2010–2013
- Softail Blackline FXS : 2012–2013
- Softail Breakout CVO FXSBSE : 2013
- Softail Convertible CVO FLSTSE : 2010
- Softail Convertible CVO FLSTSE2 : 2011
- Softail Convertible CVO FLSTSE3 : 2012
- Softail Cross Bones FLSTSB : 2009–2011
- Softail Custom FXSTC : 2007–2010
- Softail Deluxe EFI FLSTNI : 2005–2006
- Softail Deluxe FLSTN : 2006–2013
- Softail Deuce CVO FXSTDSE2 : 2004
- Softail Deuce EFI FXSTDI : 2001–2006
- Softail Deuce FXSTD : 2000–2007
- Softail Fat Boy Anniversary FLSTF : 2013
- Softail Fat Boy CVO FLSTFSE : 2005
- Softail Fat Boy EFI FLSTFI : 2001–2006
- Softail Fat Boy FLSTF : 2000–2013
- Softail Fat Boy Lo Anniversary FLSTFB : 2013
- Softail Fat Boy Lo FLSTFB : 2010–2013
- Softail Fat Boy Police EFI FLSTFI : 2006
- Softail Fat Boy Shrine FLSTF : 2009
- Softail Fat Boy Shrine FLSTFI : 2005–2006
- Softail Heritage Classic Anniversary FLSTC : 2013
- Softail Heritage Classic EFI FLSTCI : 2001–2006
- Softail Heritage Classic Firefighter FLSTC : 2013
- Softail Heritage Classic FLSTC : 2000–2013
- Softail Heritage Classic Peace Officer FLSTC : 2013
- Softail Heritage Classic Police Special EFI FLSTCI : 2006
- Softail Heritage Classic Shrine EFI FLSTCI : 2005–2006
- Softail Heritage Classic Shrine FLSTC : 2009, 2011–2013
- Softail Heritage EFI FLSTI : 2006
- Softail Heritage FLST : 2006, 2009
- Softail Heritage Springer Classic EFI FLSTSCI : 2005–2006
- Softail Heritage Springer Classic FLSTSC : 2005–2007
- Softail Heritage Springer EFI FLSTSI : 2001–2003
- Softail Heritage Springer FLSTS : 2000–2003
- Softail Night Train EFI FXSTBI : 2001–2006
- Softail Night Train FXSTB : 2000–2009
- Softail Rocker C FXCWC : 2008–2011
- Softail Rocker FXCW : 2008–2009
- Softail Slim FLS : 2012–2013
- Softail Springer CVO FXSTSSE3 : 2009
- Softail Springer EFI FXSTSI : 2001–2006
- Softail Springer FXSTS : 2000–2006
- Softail Standard EFI FXSTI : 2001–2006
- Softail Standard FXST : 2000–2009, 2012–2013
- Touring Electra Glide Classic EFI FLHTCI : 1999–2006
- Touring Electra Glide Classic FLHTC : 1999–2005, 2007–2013
- Touring Electra Glide Classic Shrine EFI FLHTCI : 2004–2005
- Touring Electra Glide Fire/Rescue FLHTP : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Police EFI FLHPEI : 2006
- Touring Electra Glide Police EFI FLHTPI : 2005–2006
- Touring Electra Glide Police FLHTP : 2012–2013
- Touring Electra Glide Standard EFI FLHTI : 2003–2006
- Touring Electra Glide Standard FLHT : 1999–2009
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO Anniversary FLHTCUSE8 : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO FLHTCUSE4 : 2009
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO FLHTCUSE5 : 2010
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO FLHTCUSE6 : 2011
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO FLHTCUSE7 : 2012
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO FLHTCUSE8 : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic EFI FLHTCUI : 1999–2006
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Firefighter FLHTCU : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCU : 2007–2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUI : 2005
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Peace Officer FLHTCU : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Police EFI FLHTCUI : 2006
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Shrine EFI FLHTCUI : 2004–2006
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Shrine FLHTCU : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Side Car FLHTCU : 2009
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Side Car FLHTCUI : 2004–2005
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniversary FLHTK : 2013
- Touring Electra Glide Ultra Limited FLHTK : 2010–2013
- Touring Road Glide Custom CVO Anniversary FLTRXSE2 : 2013
- Touring Road Glide Custom CVO FLTRXSE : 2012
- Touring Road Glide Custom CVO FLTRXSE2 : 2013
- Touring Road Glide Custom FLTRX : 2010–2013
- Touring Road Glide CVO FLTRSE3 : 2009
- Touring Road Glide EFI FLTRI : 1999–2006
- Touring Road Glide FLTR : 1999–2001, 2007–2009
- Touring Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE : 2011
- Touring Road Glide Ultra FLTRU : 2011–2013
- Touring Road King Classic EFI FLHRCI : 1999–2006
- Touring Road King Classic FLHRC : 2007–2013
- Touring Road King Custom EFI FLHRSI : 2004–2006
- Touring Road King Custom FLHRS : 2004–2007
- Touring Road King CVO Anniversary FLHRSE5 : 2013
- Touring Road King CVO FLHRSE5 : 2013
- Touring Road King EFI FLHRI : 1999–2006
- Touring Road King Fire/Rescue FLHP : 2013
- Touring Road King Firefighter FLHR : 2013
- Touring Road King FLHR : 1999–2005, 2008, 2010–2013
- Touring Road King FLHR Anniversary : 2013
- Touring Road King Peace Officer FLHR : 2013
- Touring Road King Police CA EFI FLHPEI : 2005
- Touring Road King Police EFI FLHPI : 2005–2006
- Touring Road King Police FLHP : 2012–2013
- Touring Road King Police Shrine FLHPI : 2006
- Touring Road King Police Special EFI FLHPI : 2006
- Touring Road King Shrine EFI FLHRI : 2004–2005
- Touring Road King Shrine FLHR : 2009, 2013
- Touring Street Glide CVO FLHXSE : 2010
- Touring Street Glide CVO FLHXSE2 : 2011
- Touring Street Glide CVO FLHXSE3 : 2012
- Touring Street Glide EFI FLHXI : 2006
- Touring Street Glide FLHX : 2006–2013
- Touring Street Glide Trike FLHXXX : 2010–2011
- Tri Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUTG : 2009–2013
- Tri Glide Ultra Classic Shrine FLHTCUTG : 2013
jedhead13 Posted :
great look and quality
Galbally Posted :
easy all that need be said
The Fuhrer Posted :
High quality filter! Much easier to install than stock.No special tool needed.17mm boxwrench.Safety wire hole for racing or hardtail applications through the nut.It's a K&N!
jeff1124 Posted :
K&N oil filter is the only way to go for Touring Harleys
subxaero Posted :
I like the nut on the end of this Oil Filter it makes removing much easier than the Harley filter.Thanks J&P for the choices
john mcgavis Posted :
Hex on end makes changing lots easier.
rpatane Posted :
Easy fit, and looks great.
RKRider63 Posted :
Easy installation. No special wrench required.
waxon1 Posted :
First time using this product, K&N has a name for good stuff. love the ease of install and removal is easy with bolt lug on top.
71flh Posted :
They work just fine for me.
jake50 Posted :
K&N the BEST
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
I really like this Oil Filter with the Nut on the end to help take them off.
THUNDERWASH Posted :
Nice filter. Looks good too.
email@example.com Posted :
great filter has a nut on the top for easy removal shipping was extremely fast.
dbode1 Posted :
Good looking and fit just fine in Fatboy.
roberta Posted :
Great oil filters, easy on and off!
Craig H. Posted :
Highly recomend the K&N oil filter or any of there parts. No dry starts when useing their filters.
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
THE BEST ONE IVE USED
abebar Posted :
J&P had the best price on this K&N chrome oil filter that I could find. It was basically the same price as the OEM, with much better filtration and performance. Easy decision to buy from J&P.
seayabt Posted :
bschultz45 Posted :
completely satisfied with the products and service
christyjanzen Posted :
shaggy45 Posted :
snevetswm Posted :
best filter ever
eddieharwell Posted :
I prefer the K&N filter over others ..... easier to change since it has the nut on the end and from all research it does the best job filtering oil.
copterman Posted :
Can not beat K&N easy installation & removal.
ramblinman6655 Posted :
toddman Posted :
Can't go wrong with the K&N oil filter, and the chrome sure looks good!
email@example.com Posted :
With the nut welded on the end, it will make removal very easy, especially with an oil cooler in the way. Using a oil wrench would be difficult on my bike.
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
Have never let me down
adale0757 Posted :
nice look , easy off :-)
rmc1815 Posted :
Nice replacement - easy removal!!!
email@example.com Posted :
Fits well. Having the "hex nut" on the top is a great time saving idea. great quality.
firstname.lastname@example.org Posted :
The socket head makes it much easier to change than other filters.
tommy2lane Posted :
Been wanting to try one of these K&N filters with the socket nut on the end. I'll never go back to those outdated spin tools. Great product...I love all the K&N stuff; those guys are thinking.
bill-64 Posted :
So much easier than stock to install, would highly recommend.
timsouthard Posted :
Awesome selections and promt service
TRex2651 Posted :
K&N...nuff said :o)
DeWind2007 Posted :
looks much better than the OE part.
rsthorn Posted :
looks good, will be easy to get off
davebrickman Posted :
ribamarlecce Posted :
K&N filter very good!
johnnymac58 Posted :
Looks great. Seems to be doing a good job.
Scrappy0926 Posted :
These Oil Filters Rock! Easy on, Easy Off!!
luvzforplay Posted :
Looks good and the name says it all . no dirt will ever get through , the small price diffrernce shouldn't matter the quality is simply better.
dfl733 Posted :
Good product. Easy put on and take off
jersad Posted :
These K&N oil filters are excellent quality and fit my bike perfectly. The ordering process and shipping time was good as expected.
rondawg1963 Posted :
Fit and look are perect. Have not yet run it due to winter conditions.
burgengone Posted :
use this every yr. i like this
bretmarshall Posted :
I have been using K&N products for years, in my opinion they are the best. Using the 17mm hex head on the end is useful.
voodo1 Posted :
Nice filter for my Springer looks good flows nice and easy on off with 17mm wrench....
truckerpete Posted :
good transaction,as described,the price a little high,but overall im pleased
jaybird ultra Posted :
Makes removal so much easier with the nut on the end of the filter. Great item!
rusty1cox Posted :
Like the nut on end of filter with tie wire hole pre-drilled, easy on and with wire vibration will never be a problem
paloiowa Posted :
Vary happy with the filter and realy like nut on end of filter. K&N
jodynielsen Posted :
fastgreen Posted :
I like the K&N FILTER BECAUSE ITS THE BEST FILTER ON THE MARKET AND THE 17MM HEX MAKES IT A SNAP TO CHANGE
whc1 Posted :
Easy to install.
matthuby Posted :
This is the only filter I will use on my bike.
tlpd107 Posted :
jw1234 Posted :
perfect just what i needed
Botay Posted :
What else can you say about K&N. Great!
Hollerdog Posted :
Can't beat a k&n filter, had real dirty oil when I bought my bike. The filter picked up all the dirty oil left behind after an oil change, been staying clear now after a 1000 miles. Plus the nut on the end makes it a breeze to install and remove.
icerider Posted :
These filters seem to work just as well as the Harley filters but with the bolt head on the end make it easier to take off
simatar Posted :
Great Oil Filter.. Its all I use
timbyerly Posted :
Can't go wrong with K&N!
timbyerly Posted :
Can't go wrong with K&N!
Bearneck Posted :
Best filter, no need for special Harley filter wrench. Real easy to change.
BWCarson Posted :
Great filter, easy on easy off!
w8mis Posted :
Far better than the stock filter.
sboeder Posted :
This unit looks to be significantly easier to remove than the existing OEM oil filter.
twb59 Posted :
Easy on, Easy off
skipper030 Posted :
Made by a well known company that's easy to remove
danmitcheli Posted :
the embossed nut makes filter removal a peice of cake!
john512 Posted :
I have used the filters for several years and am satisfied with them
shamgar Posted :
K&N Makes a great filter.
danmitcheli Posted :
very good product. great idea having a nut embossed in end outside fully chromed- looks good. Its a K&N so you know the quality is there also. can remove filter using a socket on the nut, so no filter wrench necessary. protects cam sensor very close to filter
willpgray Posted :
easy to install with bolt head fitting on the end. Looks good on the bike
cjhog Posted :
ultrasteve Posted :
Anybody that's familiar with this product knows,there is no better..
argon_man Posted :
As with anything I've ever purchased from K&N, the quality is unsurpassed. The nicest part of these filters is the nut welded to the end of the filter which makes changing it a breeze versus the OEM style.
wrdavisjr Posted :
What a concept ... a nut on the end of the filter... easy on and easy off.. K&N has a good rep for quality, I have used other products of theirs and they're outstanding too !!!!
sithlrd Posted :
K&N filter... what else is there to say. Great filter, nut on the bottom so I can get it off easy. Definitely a repeat purchase
scootertrash19 Posted :
As always, K&N made another great product! High quality, great fit and finish Also liked the handy welded on nut for easy removal!
klumberguy Posted :
Love the nut on the end easy removal.
skydiver Posted :
K&N makes excellent products. I use their oil and air filters. The chrome filter looks great and I like the idea of a nut on the end for use in putting it on and off the bike, especially when it is often difficult getting to it. The only problem I have had is the nut itself. It does not hold up to a socket wrench and is angled to the filter, so you can not get a full bite with the socket.
K&N High Performance Spin-on Oil Filter?
Our customer service has the answer.