Cobra 2" Slip-On Drag Pipes
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
Cobra 2" Slip-On Drag Pipes• Retain your motorcycle's stock headpipe with Cobra slip-ons• Improves the sound and performance of your bike• Manufactured to the same standards as the full systems• Triple chrome plating for beauty that lasts• Instructions and all mounting hardware included
|Finish:||Chrome||Manufacturer Part Number:||2264|
|Material:||16-gauge steel||Sold in Units:||Each|
If your motorcycle is not listed below, please click the 'Select A Motorcycle' button above so we can find the right part.
- Silverado XVS650 : 2010
- V Star 650 Classic XVS65AX : 2008
- V Star 650 Midnight Custom XVS65XB : 2008
- V Star 650 Silverado XVS65ATX : 2008
- V-Star Classic XVS650 : 2009
- V-Star Custom XVS650 : 2009
- V-Star Silverado XVS650 : 2009
- VStar Classic CA. XVS65ASC : 2004
- VStar Classic CA. XVS65ATC : 2005
- VStar Classic CA. XVS65AVC : 2006
- VStar Classic CA. XVS65AWC : 2007
- VStar Classic CA. XVS65WC : 2007
- VStar Classic XVS650 : 2010
- VStar Classic XVS65AV : 2006
- VStar Classic XVS65AW : 2007
- VStar Custom CA. XVS65SC : 2004
- VStar Custom CA. XVS65VC : 2006
- VStar Custom Midnight XVS65W-M : 2007
- VStar Custom w/Flames CA. XVS65TC-F : 2005
- VStar Custom XVS650 : 2010
- VStar Custom XVS65V : 2006
- VStar Midnight Custom CA. XVS65VCM : 2006
- VStar Midnight Custom XVS65VM : 2006
- VStar Silverado CA. XVS65ASTC : 2004
- VStar Silverado CA. XVS65ATTC : 2005
- VStar Silverado CA. XVS65ATVC : 2006
- VStar Silverado CA. XVS65ATWC : 2007
- VStar Silverado XVS65ATV : 2006
- VStar Silverado XVS65ATW : 2007
trucku Posted :
The sound is incredible, better that I expected. Low guttural growl but pull off the baffles and you will be heard for blocks. I found there is no need to re-jet your carbs; it runs fine by just bolting them on. I would recommend these to all.
phil_burrill Posted :
They slip one fairly easily. Had to grease the pipes and file the factory heat sheild on the upper pipe. If you run these with the baffles installed, you most likely won't need to re-jet the carb (as I didn't have to). They are pretty loud even with the baffles. I like it really loud, so I will be removing the baffles and installing a hive five filter (open) and re-jetting at the same time.
lrdbliss Posted :
I really like the sound of pipes...the 2006 V-Star doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore. I do not have to retune..runs great. The only problem I experienced was the fit of the upper unit to the existing mounting bracket. The bracket for the upper pipe on an '06 V-Star 1100 is a vertical stud and the exhaust pipe has a mount for a horizontal stub. I had to make a stainless steel L-Bracket to get the upper pipe mounted. I'm thinking the change occured in '06 and the pipes will fit older models. You might want to check that out before you buy.
joecook187 Posted :
Sound amazing. They sounded great with the baffles in and sound even better with the baffles out. I didnt have to re jet the carb even after removing the baffles. The bracket for the upper pipe is wrong but was easily modified to fit
Gubbels Posted :
I have a 2003 Yamaha V-star 1100 that I took the stubby pipes off and put these on and it gave it a nice deep rumble. Unlike the stubby pipes that were louder they lacked the rumble that these have. I did remove the baffles so that it is still plenty loud and has a nice sound. They are made of good heavy chrome that really look sharp on the bike.
Important Product NotesNOTE: With any new exhaust, we recommend changes to carburetor jetting or use of an aftermarket fuel injection control module.NOTE: THERE IS NO WARRANTY ON EXHAUST PIPES AND MUFFLERS WITH REGARD TO ANY DISCOLORATION. BLUEING IS CAUSED BY TUNING CHARACTERISTICS, CAM TIMING, CARBURETOR JETTING, OVERHEATING, ETC. AND IS NOT CAUSED BY DEFECTIVE MANUFACTURING. NO REFUNDS ON EXHAUST PIPES ONCE MOTORCYCLE IS STARTED UNLESS THERE IS A MANUFACTURER’S DEFECT.
Cobra 2" Slip-On Drag Pipes?
Our customer service has the answer.