Cobra Speedster Slashdown Exhaust System
- Product Reviews
- Catalog Pages
Cobra Speedster Slashdown Exhaust System• PowerPort increases power and overall rideability• 2-1/2″ full-length heat shields fit tip-to-tip for a seamless look and no blueing• Beautifully machined end caps for truly custom finish• Easy installation
|Baffles Included:||Yes||Complete Header Pipe:||Complete System|
|Diameter:||2-1/2″||Exhaust System:||2 Into 2|
|Finish:||triple-chromed||Heat Shields Included:||Full-length heat shields|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||4819||Material:||16-gauge Steel|
|Sold in Units:||Set||Style:||Billet aluminum end caps|
If your motorcycle is not listed below, please click the 'Select A Motorcycle' button above so we can find the right part.
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500D1L : 1996
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500D2L : 1997
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E1L : 1998
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E2L : 1999
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E3L : 2000
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E4L : 2001
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E6L : 2003
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500E7L : 2004
- Vulcan 1500 Classic CA. VN1500N4L : 2005
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI CA. VN1500N1L : 2000
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI CA. VN1500N2L : 2001
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI CA. VN1500N3L : 2002
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI VN1500N1 : 2000
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI VN1500N2 : 2001
- Vulcan 1500 Classic FI VN1500N3 : 2002
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500D1 : 1996
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500D2 : 1997
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E1 : 1998
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E2 : 1999
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E3 : 2000
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E4 : 2001
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E6 : 2003
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500E7 : 2004
- Vulcan 1500 Classic VN1500N4 : 2005
- Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak CA. VN1500P1L : 2002
- Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak CA. VN1500P2L : 2003
- Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak VN1500P1 : 2002
- Vulcan 1500 Meanstreak VN1500P2 : 2003
- Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak CA. VN1600B1L : 2004
- Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak CA. VN1600B2L : 2005
- Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak VN1600B1 : 2004
- Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak VN1600B2 : 2005
- Vulcan Classic CA. VN1500E5L : 2002
- Vulcan Classic CA. VN1500N : 2006–2007
- Vulcan Classic VN1500 : 2008
- Vulcan Classic VN1500E5 : 2002
- Vulcan Classic VN1500N : 2006–2007
- Vulcan Meanstreak CA. VN1600 : 2007
- Vulcan Meanstreak CA. VN1600B : 2006
- Vulcan Meanstreak VN1600 : 2007–2008
- Vulcan Meanstreak VN1600B : 2006
jpawl Posted :
The exhaust looks and sounds very nice. The overall performance is very poor, and I'm very dissatisfied. The ad reads that Cobra powerport will increase power and overall performance. I don't think so! I found that it was neccesary to do a lot of modifing and experimenting with the carb to get the engine to produce a somewhat reasonible amount of power. My bike is a '93 Softail, slightly modified 1340cc engine, S&S 'E' carb equipped. Spoke to S&S tech line. They are very knowlegable. They gave me instructions. I printed the carb manual on-line, followed their instructions. After several carb modifications, the engine does perform well in the lower to mid range, not at all satisfied with top end power. I phoned S&S tech line again and they came to the same conclusion that I came to: that's as good as it's going to be. When you increase throttle completely from say 2500 rpm, the rpm rise is very slow, tops off at 3,500 rpm. I have 2 other sets of pipes, one set is slightly shorter than the Cobras. I'm able to run a main jet .010 larger, without doing any other mods to the carb. In high gear at cruising speed and fully accelerating, the rpm's climb quickly from 2500-4000 rpm. I wouldn't have replaced these pipes, but they're really discolored. They don't have shields. If anyone is looking for real performance, I would strongly discourage them from purchasing these pipes.
freddyshdfb Posted :
Looks great and sounds even better!
1950mark Posted :
Looked and sounded very good on my Harley.
mhooton Posted :
Delivery was very quick with no damage.Product installed with no problems and looks great.Would not think twice about buying from JP Cycle.
waylon harvey Posted :
You can't cut corners when it comes to exhaust and these are definately top of the line. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Simply amazing!
Randy671 Posted :
The exhaust system is great, like the sound and such. With two people the process of installing went along smoothly. Instructions were very clear as to what to do, which made the process much easier.
PozTonyIndy Posted :
Just installed Cobra's Slash down on my 2006 C90. WHAT a difference. They are better than I expected. Throaty but won't irritate the neighbors unless ya want to. Installation wasn't too bad. They could use more than one small diagram. After a bit of fuss it all went together with great fit. I used the Cobra 2000 digital processor which went in easy and exactly as directed. Harley eat your heart out!
g_eth Posted :
Love the sound!
putrzenski.christoph Posted :
Amazing sound. I set off car alarms just idling :)
Hyperlite17 Posted :
Gave the bike the deep throat sound I was looking for.
Comport1 Posted :
I am more than happy with this exhaust. It gave the sound I was looking for and they look great.
jaredson Posted :
The pipe looks awesome and sounds great.
turnips4 Posted :
These pipes sound awesome on my VTX1800! The installation was a little more difficult than I imagined but not too bad, due to the fact the pipes fit so snugly together, the heat shields were a bit difficult to put on but overall it was worth the trouble! Loud pipes save lives!
shrek185 Posted :
THE pipes sound great I used the Cobra jet kit as well.
xyster220 Posted :
Pipes sound cool, gives the V-Star 1100 a nice low growl over the Bub's piles that came with my bike, love the slashdown look... only problems I have with these pipes was during installation, the nut-plates that mount the muffler segment to the included support are just crimped on, both nut-plates came right off and I ended up having to cut them out by the bolt end... got some new hardware from hardware store and now they're mounted very securely.
Foggy1952 Posted :
With the expected solid construction by Cobra, these pipes look and sound awesome & certainly draw attention to your machine.
grawolf99 Posted :
Great sound and easy install. Chrome on tips bubbled and was replaced quickly. Now a year later the tips are bubbling again, not sure if this will be a recurring issue.
Eg6441 Posted :
Pipe instalation was no problem. Look good, sound great.
airpita Posted :
I recently purchased this exhaust and when combined with the Fi2000R my 2007 V Star 1300 actually came to life. This product is amazing and holy balls it sounds GOOD!! After putting 2000 miles on the stock exhaust this was a much welcome improvement and man the power is really there. Installation of both the exhaust anf the computer was extremely easy. All I have to say is Excellent work COBRA !!!!!
BigBram04 Posted :
Love the look and sound. Add quite a bit of power.
sonofthep Posted :
I love them pipes! Now everyone can hear me comming and going. And I can feel the horsepower. I am very pleased.
Important Product NotesNote: Please see U.S. EPA and your respective state and local regulations to confirm noise and emission compliance.Important Exhaust Notes:• Note: With any new exhaust, we recommend changes to carburetor jetting or use of an aftermarket fuel injection control module.• There is no warranty on exhaust pipes and mufflers with regard to any discoloration. Blueing is caused by tuning characteristics, cam timing, carburetor jetting, overheating, etc. and is not caused by defective manufacturing. No refunds on exhaust pipes once motorcycle is started unless there’s a manufacturer’s defect.• Flanges and retaining rings are not included with most aftermarket exhaust for 1984-2013 Evolution and Twin Cam models. Re-use your existing hardware, or purchase replacement hardware.
Cobra Speedster Slashdown Exhaust System?
Our customer service has the answer.